10 Gadgets Every College Student Should Have … Going to college can be a challenge if you don’t have the right tools. In today’s age, there are so many gadgets that you can take advantage of that not only will make your life easier, but help you get better grades down the road.
There are 10 gadgets that every college student should have. Now granted, these gadgets may be outdated in the future but you will find that each and every one today is going to be more than beneficial for you and your education.
1. LCD Writing Tablet – Instead of using your paper and notebook, this tablet is going to allow you to take notes on a digital pad. Once you’re done, you can upload all your notes to your computer. This is a great way to save on paper, and not have to worry about borrowing a pencil.
2. Recorder – Unless you have an Android or iPhone, you’re going to more than likely need a digital recorder. These recorders are going to make it easier to record the lectures your professor is giving out. This is a great way to go back and re take notes.
3. USB Drive – Long gone are the smaller floppy discs, and CD Roms where you burn data onto them. Now, a small USB drive will be more than enough to start gigabytes of data. Today, this little USB drive can cost you a few dollars.
4. iPad – The iPad is an amazing piece of technology that I would highly recommend every college student considers. While you can get a keyboard attachment, you’re going to find that you can do just about everything with this gadget from surfing the web to taking notes.
5. Android / iPhone – If you can afford the cell phone data plan, I would highly recommend a smart phone. There are so many cool college applications that you can use to help with your classes. From taking pictures of your blackboard to using it as a digital recorder, there are many applications you can download at no additional charge.
6. VOIP / Magicjack – If you don’t have the funds to afford a cell phone plan, I can understand because I was in your shoes once! Instead, consider something such as Magicjack to hook up to your computer. This is going to allow you to make calls for next to nothing.
7. Moving alarm clock – In college, it’s hard to wake up in the morning. What you’re going to find out is that there’s a good chance that you’re going to hit the snooze button. The moving alarm clock not only is loud, it’s going to move around your room at the same time.
8. Kindle – I love the Kindle and not only can you download some of your textbooks onto this gadget, you can download thousands and thousands of books onto it as well. Why carry around a handful of books when you can put them all onto one gadget?
9. 3 in 1 printer – A printer is going to be necessary, and while you can print from your library, a 3 in 1 will allow you to print, scan as well as copy. Some printers out there will also allow you to fax as well. Surprisingly, you can get a good model for less than $150.
10. Noise cancelling headphones – These headphones are going to be great for those with a roommate. You’re going to find that when you want to listen to music, or even watch a TV show, you won’t have to bother anyone else.